Why-what-how of the research in zeda.io
At zeda.io, we believe that the best products are built by understanding really what is the root cause. There are various ways to reach out to a root cause depending on the feedback shared.
One of those ways is to talk to customers!
Talking to customers helps us to reduce the iterations (by identifying the root cause early on) it takes to build the feature which achieves the goals and understanding prioritisation. With the same philosophy, we have built Product Research to qualify the feedback ➡️ features.
Walkthrough (with example)
0 - Example
- One of the customers shared feedback on the All Feedback dashboard with the product team. Feedback is - Prioritisation not editable
- Click on the feedback, it will open the feedback details side tray.
1 - Start Research
- At times the feedback is not very clear to qualify for the feedback. So we provide an option to Start product research
- Click on the action above to open the Start Research side tray. This comes in with default question templates based on the research purpose.
- Enter the details like the Research title
- Edit fields like Subject and email body
In the email body,
1. You can use variable and
2. Attachments or links can also be included via the research email
- After setting up the research email basis the purpose. You can add the users from Add users
- Once the users are selected, you can send a test email to yourself or directly Send email to all the selected users.
And done, you have successfully sent an email to all the selected users. You will be marked in cc in all the emails you have sent out.
And when the user responds to the email sent, it will get stored in the platform under view research.
2 - View Research
- After sending the email to users successfully, you can check out their responses on the email in the View product research
- This will open a side tray, where there are 3 sections (Details | Responses | Insights) which helps to categorise the research data.
- Details section, this section consists of information related to research, where you can update your research status and see the linked feedback
- Responses section, consists of all the responses coming from the users who received the email. When they reply to the email, their response is stored in the tab.
- Insights section is a simple note which provides a space to jot down your observation and hypothesis regarding the research, which can help to provide the other team members direct idea about the research analysis instead of going through all the responses
Apart from this, there are some more actions which you can take in case of
- Users are not responding -> Send them a reminder email
- Sample size of research is not enough -> Invite more users
Under this option, section provides action to add more users and send them the same email directly from the action
- Missed to add anything in the email -> Update and send email
Under this option, you can edit the email body and send it to already selected users directly from the action
And as per your insights, you can take the decision to align the Feedback to a feature or not. You can click on Align to a feature.
So from one step to another, product research leads to eventual goal of grooming the feedback to a feature or not and understand the prioritisation.
Our research framework is PURPOSE - PLAN - RESPONSE - INSIGHTS - ACTION
- Customers replying to the email will not be able to send emails with attachments (We are working on enhancing this capability)
- We do not allow having multiple research for single feedback